Hi engineer !! in this tutorial I will show you how to design spur gear in solidworks manually. Actually you can create spur gear in Solidworks from toolbox menu, before tutorial I showed you how to make it. If you design spur gear in solidworks manually, you need more time than use toolbox. But you will learn more about how to make a part in solidworks and you will know more menus in solidworks.
Design Spur Gear in Solidworks Manually – Solidworks Tutorial
– Let’s begin to design spur gear in solidworks manually. Click New and choose Part.
– Select sketch menu and click front view.
– Select circle and click center point, click smart dimension and click sketched circle, give the size 50,8 mm.
– Click features >> extruded base/boss menu, fill the extruded size 5.08 mm.
– Select front of part and click Normal to.
– Then click sketch, make sketch on front of part.
– Select Centerline menu, and click center point then make vertical line.
– Click line menu, then make sketch for gear teeth. Check picture below:
– Select smart dimension and give size to the sketch, check below:
– Click isometric menu, to change 3D view.
– Select Features >> Extruded base/boss, to change the direction you can click reverse direction, then click enter or click the green check.
– Select Boss-extrude2, then click Circular Pattern.
– Click cylinder face for axis of rotation and fill the parameters.
Continue to Design Spur Gear in Solidworks – Solidworks Tutorial
– Click front of the gear and click Normal to.
– Select sketch menu and click front of gear.
– Next we will hub. Select circle menu, then click center point of gear and make circle. Give dimension 15,24 mm.
– Click Features >> Extruded Base/Boss, then enter or click the green check.
– Select Hole wizard menu, fill the parameter’s like below:
– Click positions, then click on the extruded circle that have just made.
– Select smart dimension and click line of extruded circle then click center point of hole. and fill the size 0.
– Then click enter or click the green check.
– Click isometric view to see the result of gear.
That’s all the way to Design Spur Gear in Solidworks Manually – Solidworks Tutorial. If you want to design spur gear or other gear easily you can design with toolbox menu, just fill the parameters of gear. If you are still confused about this tutorial you can watch the solidworks tutorial video on my youtube but don’t forget to subscribe my channel.